Hyaline Casts In Urine
- (Hyaline cast) Urinary casts are cylindrical structures produced by the kidney and present in the urine in certain disease states. They form in the distal convoluted tubule and collecting ducts of nephrons, then dislodge and pass into the urine, where they can be detected by microscopy.
- these casts are made of the protein itself. They are usually caused by dehydration, exercise, or diuretic medicines.
- A watery, typically yellowish fluid stored in the bladder and discharged through the urethra. It is one of the body’s chief means of eliminating excess water and salt and also contains nitrogen compounds such as urea and other waste substances removed from the blood by the kidneys
- Urine is a sterile, liquid by-product of the body that is secreted by the kidneys through a process called urination and excreted through the urethra. Cellular metabolism generates numerous by-products, many rich in nitrogen, that require elimination from the bloodstream.
- Liquid excrement consisting of water, salts and urea, which is made in the kidneys, stored in the bladder, then released through the urethra
- liquid excretory product; “there was blood in his urine”; “the child had to make water”
hyaline casts in urine – STINK FREE
STINK FREE Instantly! Urine Odor Remover for Pet Urine 32 Oz Bottle
Stink Free Instantly! Pet Urine-Odor Remover has an aggressive, fast-acting formula that eliminates all urine odors, including those only pets can smell. It eliminates both the odor and its source through the process of oxidation – which breaks down and changes chemical compounds into odorless, inert substances. The oxidation process is augmented and reinforced with an integrated system of odor neutralizers and counteractants for a powerful multifunctional formula to ensure successful deodorization under any conditions. Stink Free Instantly stops odor with a vengeance!.
At age 53, this patient presented with advanced renal insufficiency, weakness & fatigue. Renal ultrasound was normal. He had a PMH of DM & HTN for 2 years, chronic NSAID use, coronary artery disease & tobacco abuse. Blood Pressure 166/87. There was no edema, arthritis, arthralgias or skin lesions. Urine Sediment: Hyaline and cellular casts. Urine: Hematuria 3+, Proteinuria 4+, UPEP Negative. Serum: Creatinine 4.6, Creatinine Clearance MDRD 13 cc/min, BUN 56, Albumin 4, ANA Negative, cANCA Negative, pANCA Negative, anti MPO Negative.
Urine marks at tree line
Some creature has heavily marked this site with urine this winter. It’s at the edge of a grove of hemlock.